From: Gulfshore Life
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:04:26 -0500
Subject: Gulfshore Life Weekend Insider – January 21, 2010
To: firstname.lastname@example.org Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
1. http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=90b255b20087b1d87f7762948&id=f4f8eaf188&e=b45caf733d January 21, 2010 Welcome to _Gulfshore Life’_s weekly e-newsletter, sharing our editors’ top
picks for the best things happening along the Gulfshore—conveniently popping
up in your inbox every Thursday. Not a subscriber? Sign up to get it
2. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Misc/E-Newsletter-Subscription-Form.asp Submit your event for possible inclusion two weeks in advance to Jill
3. mailto:email@example.com CLICK HERE TO FORWARD TO A FRIEND
4. http://us1.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=90b255b20087b1d87f7762948&id=f4f8eaf188&e=b45caf733d Cruise through the 43rd Naples Boat Show
and Seafood Festival today through Sunday.
Set course for the
_43rd Naples Boat Show and Seafood Festival _to check out an armada of new,
used and antique boats as well as vintage cars and other land cruisers.
While you’re there, stop in the nautical flea market. The show runs from 10
a.m. to 5 p.m. today through Sunday at 100 Goodlette Road S., near the
intersection of U.S. 41.
_________________________________________________________________ Rick DellaRatta and his 13-member Jazz for Peace big band will perform a
benefit concert for Haiti Sunday along with local musicians, youth dance
groups and a Haitian poet. Global Community Engagement, The Nations
Association charities and FGCU Students Helping Haiti are collecting
clothing, non-perishable food and medical supplies for earthquake victims in
Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Take donations to the outdoor jazz concert
from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Lee County Alliance for the Arts. Tickets are $10 in
advance at www.joingce.org; $15 at the gate or $10 with a donation.
5. http://www.joingce.org Patty and Jay Baker Naples Museum of Art celebrates its 10th anniversary
with _Chihuly: Recent Work_, opening Saturday. Dale Chihuly’s glass artworks
were also on display at the museum’s inaugural exhibition in 2000. For more
information, visit www.thephil.org.
6. http://www.thephil.org Gulfshore Playhouse stages _Honour_, a drama that explores the dynamics of a
stalling marriage, Friday through Jan. 31. Call (866) 811-4111or go to
www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org for tickets.
7. http://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org Rock and roll classics keep Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall hopping two
nights in a row. First is _Memories of Elvis Rockin’ Birthday Bash_, a
tribute to the King by Chris MacDonald, playing tonight. And on Friday,
Richard Nader’s Solid Gold Doo Wop and Rock ‘n’ Roll Show will bring back
some magic moments with original Gold Record recording artists Kenny Vance
and The Planotones, Bobby Lewis, The Cookies, Barbara Harris and more. Call
the box office at 481-4849 or visit www.bbmannpah.com.
8. http://www.bbmannpah.com * Broadway comes to Southwest Florida next week with two acclaimed
musicals Tuesday through Sunday, Jan. 31. The well-loved _A Chorus Line
_takes the stage at the Phil (597-1900, www.thephil.org), and at
Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall is _Spring Awakening_, winner of
eight Tony Awards, including best new musical (481-4849,
10. http://www.bbmannpah.com * The _Royal Winnipeg Ballet _on Monday brings to the Phil _A Cinderella
Story_, based on Richard Rodgers themes. For tickets, call 597-1900 or
11. http://www.thephil.org * More than 100 original paintings by renowned pop artist _Peter Max _will
be showcased Saturday through Jan. 31 at Olde Florida Gallerie at Bell
Tower Shops in Fort Myers and the Road Show Company at 375 Broad Ave.
S., Naples. Preview events will be Friday at Olde Florida Gallerie and
Saturday at Road Show Company. Sales will benefit Florida Gulf Coast
University art galleries. Max will attend receptions Jan. 29–31. For
reservations, call Olde Florida Gallerie at 415-7000 or Road Show
Company at (888) 513-8385.
_________________________________________________________________ Daniel Roth, Merrill Hassenfeld and Paula Brody at a fundraiser for The
Brody Project for animal-assisted therapy, held at the Bamboo Café with
animal behaviorist Patricia McConnell of _Calling All Pets_.
SEE MORE EVENT PHOTOS
12. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Flash-Plus/Index.asp _GULFSHORE LIFE PRESENTS _ _Gulfshore Life_ invites you to head to Africa for an evening to celebrate
the food, music and art of the continent. The _Taste of Africa _benefits the
_Guadalupe Center of Immokalee _and will take place Monday at the Club at
Pelican Bay. Tickets are $250 and may be obtained by calling 657-7711.
_________________________________________________________________ * Enjoy a relaxing evening of live music beginning at 6 p.m. at _Friday by
the Fountain _at Bell Tower Shops. Buy a cup of coffee, glass of wine or
ice cream and enjoy Southwest Florida outdoors. For more information,
13. http://www.thebelltowershops.com * Listen to _Sunny 106.3_ all week for your chance to win dinner for two
with Sheila and _Gulfshore Life _at Lemonía at _The Ritz-Carlton Golf
Resort_. Visit www.sunny1063.com for more information and to listen
14. http://www.sunny1063.com * _Third Street South_ hosts its annual pet parade, _Pets on Third_, from
11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday between Broad Avenue and 13th Avenue South.
Proceeds will benefit the Collier Spay and Neuter Clinic. For more
information, visit www.thirdstreetsouth.com.
15. http://www.thirdstreetsouth.com * _Barbara’s Friends _is celebrating its _15th anniversary _Jan. 31 at the
Miromar Design Center. Enjoy this milestone event with food,
performances by kids and an auction hosted by honorary chairs Sandy
Stilwell Silverglide and Harry Silverglide. Tickets are $100 and may be
purchased by calling 985-3550. * _Preferred Travel of Naples _will hold its fourth annual showcase of the
world’s most sought-after destinations and travel experiences Feb. 2.
_Your World Discovered _will be an evening of enticing itineraries that
include captivating travel, delicious hors d’oeuvres and cocktails.
Donations will benefit The Immokalee Foundation. For more information,
call 261-1177. CLICK HERE FOR MORE EVENTS
16. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/monthly/2010/01.asp _Best of the Gulfshore 2010 ballot promo_ _As a Gulfshore Life reader, your opinion matters!_ Tell us your favorite
restaurants, events, services and attractions, and you will be entered for a
chance to win one of eight fabulous prizes! Simply complete the official
ballot inside the current issue of Gulfshore Life and mail it to us, or vote
online at www.gulfshorelife.com.
17. http://www.gulfshorelife.com CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL RULES AND TO VOTE NOW!
18. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/botb2010 _________________________________________________________________ Larry Laslo’s fine art collection is at
Robb & Stucky Interiors.
___The Housing Game_
Reports from the front on today’s market.
___Larry Laslo: On Art, Design and the World Around Him_
World-renowned interior designer Larry Laslo, who’s worked with celebrity
clients around the globe (he’s not one to kiss and tell), was in Naples Jan.
14 to promote his fine art collection at Robb & Stucky Interiors.
[more from Nanci Theoret—The Housing Game]
READ MORE BLOGS
20. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Blog GL Gems:
_“I don’t see why art can’t be humorous as well as serious. Children see
what my stuff is all about, and adults enjoy the nuances.” _ _—Assemblage artist John Long_ _JANUARY ISSUE_ In the January issue of _Gulfshore Life_, have The Time of Your Life in
pursuit of the most fabulous watches around… Go Inside Mercato with
residents to find out about this chic urban lifestyle… Keep your eye out
for these Rising Stars of the Gulfshore’s art world… Discover The
10 Best Caterers… and much more.
24. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Articles/Gulfshore-Life/2010/01/10-Best-Caterers.asp _________________________________________________________________ __Gulfshore Life Weekend Insider
is edited by Jill Tyrer. advertisement  
Contact Us | About Us | Back Issues | Reprints |
34. http://www.gulfshorelife.com/Misc/Legal.asp TO SUBMIT EVENTS to be considered for Weekend Insider’s calendar, send press
releases at least two weeks in advance to Jill Tyrer.
Include “Newsletter Calendar” in the subject line.
35. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org For electronic newsletter and print advertising opportunities, please e-mail
Diane Loveless at DianeL@gulfshorelife.com.
36. mailto:email@example.com view email in browser | Unsubscribe firstname.lastname@example.org |
profile | Forward to a friend
You are receiving this message because
1) you are a _Gulfshore Life or Gulfshore Business Daily _subscriber or
2) you requested the newsletter on our homepage at
41. http://www.gulfshorelife.com If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please Unsubscribe by
42. http://gulfshorelife.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=90b255b20087b1d87f7762948&id=c8838971b0&e=b45caf733d&c=f4f8eaf188 This will cancel your subscription to the weekly email newsletter.
It will NOT affect your _Gulfshore Life _magazine or _Gulfshore Business
Daily_ subscription status.
NAPLES, FL 34105